Strawberry + Spinach Chop
Ahh Summer. You are finally here. It’s the season for beach days, picnics, longer evenings and of course a good summer salad. This simple yet incredibly delicious blend is a slight variation of my mom’s strawberry salad recipe. It’s the perfect summer salad because you can get most of the ingredients from your own garden or from a local grocery store. It is easy to put together and is usually a crowd favorite. Give it a try yourself and let Nature Bee know your thoughts :)
- 1 bunch organic spinach
- 1 carton organic (and/or local) strawberries, sliced
- ½ cucumber, cubed
- ¼ small red onion, diced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup homemade vinaigrette
- Sprinkle of goat cheese (optional)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Dash of maple syrup
- S + P to taste
1. Wash and dry spinach, strawberries and cucumber.
2. Tear spinach leaves and place inside salad bowl.
3. Prepare the strawberries, cucumber and onion and add each to salad. Wrap the remaining produce in small beeswax wraps to stay fresh in your fridge for later!
4. Add the slivered almonds and any other desired toppings such as goat cheese.
5. Make the homemade vinaigrette by adding ingredients to a bowl or mason jar and stirring until combined with a fork or whisk.
6. Add dressing to each serving as desired and enjoy the sweet summer!
7. Save the leftovers for later by easily placing a medium or large beeswax wrap over the salad bowl.