Beeswax wraps have grown in popularity over the past few years, and it’s no wonder why! They are an amazing alternative to plastic wrap, plastic bags, even plastic containers, and silicone alternatives. Beeswax wraps can curb your single use plastic waste, and your food waste. Beeswax wraps are able to help your food stay fresher for longer. They are easily reusable and washable, lasting up to a year. Below are some details on why you should think about switching to Beeswax Wraps!
- Reduce your plastic waste. As mentioned above, beeswax wraps can be used to replace single use sandwich bags and plastic film wrap. Beeswax wraps serve the same purpose and can save you a lot of plastic waste in the long run! Plastic wrap and sandwich bags are not easily recyclable and will never fully degrade. These plastics will likely turn into microplastics, which will enter natural systems and waterways, polluting the surrounding environment.
- Beeswax wraps are compostable. Beeswax wraps made of all natural ingredients are fully biodegradable. The natural ingredients and cloth can easily return to the environment safely, not harming the environment. They do not leech any harmful chemicals into the soil and can be easily composted in the average kitchen compost.
- They help to reduce food waste. Beeswax wraps keep food and produce fresher fresher for longer than if they were wrapped in plastic or left bare. Beeswax wraps act as a protective barrier that allows food to ‘breathe’ so it can stay fresh. When food lasts longer, we have more time to eat and enjoy it! With less wasted food, we have less food waste.
- Beeswax wraps are non-toxic. Beeswax wraps made with natural ingredients are non-toxic, which is great when compared to toxic plastics. Plastics contain harmful ingredients like BPA’s and phthalates which can be very harmful to humans. Natural beeswax wraps contain beeswax, pine resin, jojoba oil, and cotton cloth. All of which are natural and not harmful to humans (unless you’re allergic to those ingredients!).
- Natural ingredients you can recognize. One of the best things about beeswax wraps is that you can feel good about using these wraps on your food and with your family. These ingredients are not only food safe, but have antibacterial and antifungal properties. These wraps will keep your food fresh, safe, and secure.
- Fresh food for longer. Beeswax wraps can help you enjoy your food for longer since they keep your food fresher longer than if they were wrapped in plastic or left bare. Beeswax wraps can prevent moisture loss and act as a second membrane around the food.
If you are looking to start reducing your plastic use beeswax wraps are a great way to start. Check out Nature Bee Wraps! We hope you consider using beeswax wraps in your kitchen!